I hope you don't mind me posting here.
I am a student nurse based in Dermatology at York hospital, UK and I am looking into psoriasis and the affect it has on peoples self-image and what support is available for this.
I have looked locally around the York area and have found there to be very little support for people with psoriasis outside of the health service, and I am trying to work out why this is the case.
If any of you would be able to answer a few questions which I can use in my research I would be really grateful. I don't need any personal information from you at all, just an overview of you and your condition.
If you have the time, please can I ask you to answer the questions below:
- How long have you had psoriasis?
- Do you feel that it affects your self-image?
- If so, in what ways?
- Do you receive any support for how you feel about your self image?
- If so, what support do you receive?
- If you do not receive support
- are you aware of support groups available to you? Do you access these at all? (e.g online discussion forums, local support groups)
- Do you feel that a support group is something which you would be interested in?
- If so, what kind of support would you prefer - online/face to face support?
- Why would you prefer this form of support?
Many thanks in advance,
Nicky - Student Nurse