Painful Sex

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help. Sometimes, especially with particularly deep penetration I have an excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen. It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is absolutely awful. We're talking writing in agony, crying for about 20 minutes or so until the pain gradually begins to fade. I've made the mistake of googling it, only to find a lot of cases stating it could be an ovarian cyst. This wouldn't be overly worrying were it a recent development but the first pain happened around a year ago, which would be very long for a cyst to remain. I'm too embarrassed to go directly to my GP in case I'm just being silly and it's just a case of having slightly too rough sex for my (admittedly small) frame. Has anyone got any advice?

4 Replies

  • i'm no expert at all, however don't think that it would be silly to go to your GP, at the end of the day, you know your own body and you clearly know that something isn't right, you would be best to get it checked out

  • i meant silly to not go to your GP

  • No you didn't haha! You meant what you said the first time ;)

  • Sex is not meant to hurt that much! Definitely go to your doctor. Painful sex can be a sign of cancer so I'd go get checked if I were you. They won't think you're being silly. Even if it is nothing to worry about you should be able to enjoy sex not suffer it!!

You may also like...