Hi all, I have had two different medical opinions and so just wondered if anyone could offer any insight before my review tomorrow.
I am new to asthma and have been put on Clenil 16 days ago. I was also given a 5 day course of prednisone steroid tablets at the same time. The Pred made me fully better for 3 days! But since then I have gone back to having mild to moderate asthma attacks every other day, fatigue, headache, dry caugh every day and unable to do high intensity exercise. SoB every morning and evening and relying on ventolin everyday.
One medical practitioner told me the clenil has not had time to kick in properly yet and I need to wait and manage this. However, My GP has said the clenil should be working by now and has said we can go to step 3 preventor-Fostair.
Does anyone know who is right with this? Or is it unknown and opinions?
If I do swap to fostiar does it mean my symptoms will be even worse while I wait for the fostair to work and withdraw from clenil? Or does fostair work straight away?
Also is fostair very strong and are their side effects?
Thanks so much!