I have recently been put on Amiodarone after a cardioversion that lasted only three days failed. Was then started on 800mg /day to convert me back to NSR. Fortunately, this happened after three days and was told I could halve my dosage to 400mgs/day (4 days early). Towards the end of the first week (on 400mg/day), was waking up at 4-5 am with splitting headache, a flushed face (felt like bad sunburn), and pins and needles in my feet. I was told yesterday I could halve the dosage again, one week earlier. Did not take anything yesterday as the headache stayed with me as well as the sensations in my feet. Slept better last night but still woke up with slight headache and strong sensation of pins and needles in my feet.
I am reluctant to start back up on even 200mg/day at this juncture. Wondering if anyone is getting by with only 100/mg/day (50mg x's2)? Will have to wait to talk to my cardiologist on Monday. Wondering, too, if I can simply stay off the Amiodarone until Monday? So far, still in NSR. Clearly, this med is not being well tolerated by me.
Ablation scheduled for October 3.