AF Association
13,180 members16,066 posts

Sadness

Hi.

I've had AF since 2015.

I've posted many times and asked for advice and support.

Thank you all.

On Monday my beloved husband passed away after a valiant and brave fight against cancer.

I'm ok right now.

But I'm sure I will need your support again.

Thank you ALL. X

66 Replies
oldestnewest

Support will always be here when you need it Gwyn, a sad time for you and your family, but try to take some comfort in knowing that you did everything possible to help his fight.......

8 likes

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Di

4 likes

So sad for you at this time. Know that there is always someone here for you to share thoughts & feelings with. My husband has cancer too but is stable at present so have some experience of your journey. Big hug to you & all your family xx

5 likes

Cancer is awful.

My husband s was complicated by contracting pneumonia.

I pray for your husband's health.

Bless you both.

1 like

Hi Gwn

I am really sorry to hear your beloved Husband has passed. I am sending you a big hug X

3 likes

With this wonderful community support will always be here. So sorry for your loss. Prayers xxxx

3 likes

Thinking of you. We will all be here whenever you need us. X

1 like

A very sad time for you, my condolences. Difficult to know how to comfort but know you will be in our thoughts. x

2 likes

This is a very difficult time for you.

There are some very sympathetic and supportive folk on this forum and I know you will get best wishes from many.

Take care and look after yourself no words can take away the pain but hopefully the responses you get here will help.

Pete

1 like

So very sorry to hear this, Gwyn. What a support you have been for your husband in his courageous fight.

Your family will have rallied round but we are always here too in the days ahead for comfort at moments of need.

1 like

Thank you. He was a great man, father and granddad. Loved so much.

Appreciate your getting in touch.

Not sure what to do next.

But I will fight for AF to be taken seriously in this world.

3 likes

Strong, determined words, Gwyn.

Gradually what to do next will become clearer to you.

You know you have our support in your fight for AF to be taken seriously.

1 like

Dear Gwyn, thank you for telling us. You have been an inspiration and I hope our support is comforting you 💐 X

1 like

Bless you Gwyn, my thoughts are with you at this sad time. Will always be here for you.

Jean

3 likes

Oh bless your Gwyn, so sorry to hear your sad update. Well I am sure you know you will get tons of support here as and when you need it day and night. Such a devastating and shocking time for you and your family.

Please know we are all in your corner and sending hugs and love. Be good to yourself in the midst of your grief and loss and take care of yourself.

Best wishes .xx

2 likes

Sending you a big hug gwyn53, I know that at the moment you must be heartbroken at the loss of your husband. I was in your shoes this time last year when Mike lost the fight with prostate cancer.

You have done all you could in being his caregiver and take comfort that you did everything you could to look after him.

Love and best wishes, Jackie xx

1 like

Bless you Jackie.

Ive been overwhelmed by support.

He didn't realise just how loved he was . A shy yet outgoing guy.

Loved him dearly. Married for 45 years. Best of times some awful times. This is just surreal.

I feel for you. Please if you need me I am here. Thank you.

2 likes

Thanks for your reply gwyn53, a year on I am doing ok but still have the odd moment. Next week we would have been married 55 years, lots of lovely memories to treasure.

This forum is so great at being there for us whatever our need.

Love and best wishes.

Jackie

So sorry for the awful sad loss of your dear husband, gwyn.

Sending you thoughts and a big cyber hug.

2 likes

So sorry for your loss Gwyn. My thoughts are with you.

1 like

So sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you lots of love ❤️ XXX

Very sorry to hear this- post whenever you feel the need and try and not overdo things just now xx

1 like

Oh Gwyn, I’m so very sorry. I can’t imagine the emptiness and loss you must be feeling.

Sending huge hugs and hoping in the next days, weeks, months, you find some comfort with your family, and in your shared love and memories of a very special man, who lives on in all of you. ❤️

Your ‘AF family’ are here any time you could do with some support or a friendly ear, so do post away.

Sending love and prayers and hugs x

3 likes

Hi.

I do feel this is a family of support and sorts.

I thank you for your message.

2 likes

Hi Gwyn, this must be a terrible time for you x.

Even when an illness means death is to be expected, when it happens the feeling of shock and unreality is still as strong.

Take care and remember you have AF 'Friends' here ready to listen and support you whenever the need arises...

1 like

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take good care of yourself and bless you sweetie. 🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘🌹🌹🌹

1 like

So sorry to hear your sad news, God bless, Heather

So sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. God bless, Shaun

1 like

So very sorry Gwin53, cancer is taking way to many good people. I lost my wife 18 months ago to cancer so can empathise with you. take care of yourself and if you need to talk then go ahead on here, lots of support.

2 likes

Thank you.

Sorry for your loss.

Right now I feel empty.

Confused at the quickness of it all.

1 like

So sad to hear this gwyn. I do hope you are keeping AF free with all the stress and upset.

Sandra x

3 likes

So sorry for your loss. What can one say at this sad time just know we are always here for you. Look after yourself. Xx

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. God Bless.

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. X

So sorry Gwyn to hear of your loss..my thoughts are with you at this time..

So sorry to hear about the loss of your husband

I lost my mum in November and it feels like the world has no purpose any more the emptiness is indescribable my mum was my world I loved her dearly so I can really appreciate how you are feeling

1 like

Its such a loss Donber65.

Empty and lost is how I feel.

knew he had cancer and by goodness he was a fighter. He I now find passed from a pulmonary embolism.

But it makes no difference. I really aches. I feel for you. Thank you for letting me know. Here for you too. xx

1 like

So very sorry .... God Bless You and give you strength x

So very sorry to hear of your sad loss Gwyn, it is never easy to lose someone you love, I send my condolences to you and your Family.

So sorry to hear that gwyn53. Were all here for you. Thought's & Prayer's for you & Your Family

So sorry for your loss Gwyn. My thoughts are with you.

So sorry to read your post. My thoughts are with you. Take good care of yourself.

I'm so sorry for your loss xx

Sorry to hear of your sad loss.

So sorry to hear that x

Bless you. Many on this site will sadly have been in a similar situation to yourself and will understand your feelings, myself included. Be strong knowing that this site is like a family and we are all here to help you through when you need us.

3 likes

So sorry for your loss, my condolences. Such a sad time.

1 like

Sorry for your loss, big hug, and do take care of yourself.

1 like

I have watched your posts and often wondered how you and your husband were doing. So I am really sad to read that you have lost him, you were a true life partner and such a support to him in spite of your own problems. My sincere condolences, will be thinking of you in the time ahead.

3 likes

Sorry to hear your sad news and sending you my sympathy and a big hug. Mary J xo

1 like

So sorry

1 like

So Sad to hear your news. Your God be with you and comfort you. Please accept my condolences at this sad time for you and your family. Roy

1 like

Sorry for your sad loss my prayers are with you xx

1 like

So sorry for your loss. 🌸

1 like

I am so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in your memories

1 like

Dear gwyn53 my deepest, deepest sympathy to you on your sad loss. I hope you are keeping well. I would be absolutely lost without my husband of 56yrs, we married when he was 18 and I was 23, a cradle snatcher I was called. lol. I have not long found out that I have this atrial thing it is quite frightening shoved on Bisoprolol and warfarin, how did you manage to cope and not panic? Love and best wishes to you, Gladys xxx.

1 like

Im just going on and on. He was a brave guy.He kept me grounded and safe.

Ive still a funeral to get through and that's not until 6th March.

I too was shoved on Rivoxaban and Bisoprolol also Verapamil.

How am I getting through. No idea.

You take care. x

2 likes

Thanks for your reply perhaps we can speak more when you get through the funeral ordeal. Love and hugs to you and all your famly members. Great respect to your dear departed hubby. xxxxx.

So sorry for your loss, Gwyn xx

1 like

So very sorry to hear of your loss Gwyn, look after yourself and be strong. xx

1 like

Hi Gwyn, so so sorry for your loss of your husband. Prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family.

1 like

I know you will be hurting right now but time is a great healer. Think of all the good times you had together. God Bless.

Flyer.

1 like

So sorry for your loss gwyn53...we are here for you

1 like

Oh I’m so sorry. Nothing I can say to take the pain away. I will pray for you and your family.

Sending love

so very sorry to hear your sad news, our thoughts are with you xxxx

You may also like...