AF Association
14,062 members17,005 posts

Elevated sleeping position

Hi all

I've got my day time AF down to infrequent 'shudders' but my nights are awful. The second my head hits the pillow it starts and I generally fall asleep when total exhaustion kicks in and wake after 4 hours.

So read up on here and took action last weekend!

Made a sort of pillow "wedge" out of 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 pillow. Looks weird, feels weird...seems to lessen AF!

I'm constantly surprised by what weird and wonderful things seem to affect AF. I drank quite a bit of champagne and other things over Xmas and felt nothing (other than at night, as usual). But a few pillows helps. What an odd thing AF is!

Good health and happiness for 2017 everyone!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

If that works seriously consider getting an adjustable be because in the long run it may very well save you from getting neck and back problems.

1 like

30° is the best angle I believe. Dunelm sell proper wedge pillows, not the L shape.

1 like

yes I have found it is needed too

The 'complete care shop' also has wedge pillows reduced (cheaper than Dunelm). Also the cover for the Dunelm pillow has poor reviews. Prompted by your post I have just looked into this.

1 like

Stop drinking

Yes, I find more pillows help. I also suggest you try Breathright Nasal strips. HNY!

You may also like...