I have now visited my EP and have received a thorough report from him. He has left the decision to me if I want to go ahead with the procedure . The waiting time would be about two-three month .
I am 72 with underlying heart conditions , but very active in the gym and tennis player .
1. He does not see any point in DC cardioversion OR any role for pacing .
2. Due to my bradycardia and the fact that I am already on Metoprolol , he has ruled out any other medication .
3. As we discussed AF is progressive therefore the only choice that I have is catheter ablation ( balloon cryoablation )
Now I am in dilemma , as my condition is by enlarge asymptomatic up to now ( 80-85 bpm for 48 hours), and up to today's date I can only confirm definitely two episodes of about eight month apart .
Should I have the ablation and if so how would I know the procedure has worked as the episodes are so far apart ?
OR should I wait until the PAF has progresses further before jumping in ?
Your comments will be appreciated.