AF Association
16,757 members19,875 posts

I suffer from heart failure and been In af with 130 bpm for the last 3 hrs

Hi all just after some advice. Ive been in af for the last 3 hours wuth heart rate of over 130 shall i go to a+e ?

Thanks

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes yes yes!!! You need to be in a safe place just to be monitored Ring now!!

5 likes

Don't go to A&E directly but call 999 and they'll send a paramedic. That way they do a load of diagnostics much quicker and also many paramedics are more knowledgeable on heart conditions than most nurses (A&E ones tend to know more)

9 likes

Hi Bushy, sorry I didn't see this last night. How are you this morning?

Jean

1 like

Did you go, how did you get on?

1 like

I had exactly the same two weeks ago and drove to A&E at 7 am. I was admitted to Coronary Care and put on oxygen, monitored for ten days and am now much better. They warned me never to delay again. Good luck

2 likes

Yes, get going. Call an ambulance who will record the AF. Proof that you have had an episode. Each time you are in A&E it speeds up treatment and the need to see the Cardiologist. I was told this from a Paramedic.

2 likes

Hi all just got out of CCU having spent the last 2 nights there glad I did go to A + E as my heart rate dropped from 160 to 29 bpm and woke up with the whole hospital stood around me, back on the amiodarone but still in sinus bradycardia, but feel a lot better

2 likes

Oh poor you and yes thank goodness you went to hospital! Strange how your pulse suddenly dropped so low. Glad you are feeling a lot better, long may that continue.

Jean

3 likes

Hi sorry should of put it was due to vagus nerve

Hi sorry I missed your original post and hope you are ok and all under control. Was intrigued to read you mentioned the vagus nerve. I had that damaged during ablation surgery but have had it mentioned to me a few times when I have had blacking out episodes and was wondering what the connection and what they told you. I blacked out just a couple of weeks ago. Interesting to hear. Thanks xx

You may also like...