Edoxaban

I am still in SR (touch wood) after my 4th ablation in February this year. My EP says that I can go back on a NOAC but recommends I wait until Edoxaban is available (he thinks approx. 3 mths,) as it has less interactions. He would then want me to have a TOE after 3-6 mths to check for clots, as I had one before.

What does anyone think of going onto a drug that has only just been approved?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oops, meant to say that I am on Warfarin at the momement.

  • There is an expression about medications, "Hurry up and try the new drug, before it is taken off the market."

  • A GP and a consultant each suggested that a new drug I asked about would not be around in six months. They don't like new and expensive drugs.

You may also like...