just took my first 50mg of flecinide after 4months

hello feeling nervous but just took my first 50mg of flecinide after coming off it 4 months ago , as for four days have been feeling my heart beat all day long ,and feel like its in my throat , feels a bit stronger aswell , waiting for flec to kick in but am nervous sounds silly ,but when I was on flecinide before my ablation and after everything was calm

7 Replies

• Will be interested to hear how you get on with flecainide. It's been suggested that I may be prescribed this.

Hope it calms your heart, it's not nice to be constantly aware of a very strong beat. Do you have atrial flutter? I have AF and atrial flutter and once the AF goes and it's just flutter I too have that very strong heartbeat. It keeps me awake when I go to bed.

• After trying 4 different beta blockers I was prescribed Flecainide. It wasn't a miracle cure but it did suit me better than anything else. Now, post- ablation I have a store of it to use as a pill-in-the-pocket ie 100 Flecainide and 2.5 Bisoprolol. I have only had to use it once but normality was restored after 90mins.

• Hi Duckpopper, I too would be interested to hear how you get on. I am new here with just one severe bout of AF 4 weeks ago.

• I have been on flecinide before my ablation , and found it very good didn't want to come of it ,it realy settled my heart so id say give it a try .im still getting that strong feeling of heart beating at min but only took it 2 hrs ago .

• Hello Duckpopper,

I have PAF,was prescribed Flecainide as "Pill in Pocket" 300mg.only when I have an episode,this works wonders for me,within 40mins,sometimes a little longer,I cardiovert back to normal,I feel so much safer having the pill in pocket.

• How are you feeling now?

• hello im still getting that feeling of my heart but has settled slightly , but was told it may take some time for flecinide to work again ? iam realy a worrier and suffer with anxiety ,so have been prescribed 2 mg of diazepam to try and relax me but don't know what to do , iam on 2.5 of bisoprolol 50 mg twice aday of flecinide so wonder just how I will feel , would realy love this heart beat feeling and also feels like in my throat to stop .its just realy worrying me

You may also like...