Anyone else feeling constantly tired and on Verapamil ?

I have been on Verapamil 240 mg a day for about 6-7 months and the tiredness is getting me down. I take the two tablets in the morning as advised by the cardio, but I can fall asleep around 1-2pm and again 9pm!!

It had not occurred to me to take them at night though, until Kenthynne's query. Any comments gratefully received!

4 Replies

• Hi GranJan, please speak to either your GP or cardiologist. If the dosage isn't working for you, you may be able to have the dose lowered or try a different medication. Different medications affect different people in different ways. Sometimes it takes some trial and error to find one that works perfectly for you. Good luck!

• Thank you so much for your reply. I will go back to my GP , as I do feel that I just might be on too high a dose, my heart beat often feels too slow and heavy. Jan

• Verapamil made me feel very ill, as I was already in heart failure unbeknownst to them at the time (although I thought so and that verapamil was contradictory to heart failure). Had to come off it immediately.

• Thank you Auntie Crazy. I hope your situation has improved rapidly since coming off Verapamil?

Now I am starting a cold, so we will see how much that affects the situation here!

I'm dreading it;

I always react badly, but now with AF ................!

You may also like...