Quick recap: Urologist wanted to start Lupron without even re-running labs or an MRI, when we refused the Urologist was pissed and sent us back to MO.
Today we had a consult w/Dr. Nick Vogelzang (after a 3T MRI) and he completely agreed with that decision as there are no Mets and the tumor in the prostate had only increased by 1mm since MRI 3yrs ago. Dr. V has said it is in Chuck's best interest and QOL to continue with active surveillance. We were also told that the Urologist actually called MO and told him that "if he didn't treat Chuck w/Lupron asap, he will die and and you will be committing medical malpractice"... I am dumbfounded at the gaull of this Urologist, all because little, tiny me (95lbs 💪) called him out and reminded him that he works for us and we had zero interest in improving his batting average... I really wish I had taken a picture of his face after I said that. I have to say that Dr. V's assurance that I/we made the right call.
So, to all of you care takers, spouses and loved ones, DON'T be intimidated by the white coat, do your homework, read, ask questions and above all stand in the gap for your loved one. If it doesn't make sense keep pushing until it does. Wishing all of you warriors strength and love 💕