XTANDI beginning to fail: Hello my... - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer
8,123 members8,721 posts

XTANDI beginning to fail

Hello my brothers,

So I am 10 years into my battle and have been so very lucky as compared to many. My cancer was caught early. I have no bone mets, and the few lymph node involvements have not grown for a few years now.

Here's my conundrum: my Gleason is 9. I've had the prostate removed in 2009, 2010 saw 13 weeks of RT, and then nothing until 2012, when PSA rose again, Lupron for 4 years by itself was effective, Then in 2016 Lupron + ADT and prednasone, until late 2018, and now in 3'rd month of Xtandi, however after 2 months of decline the PSA blipped up just a tad.

What I don't know is what are the next steps for a man with essentially no mets if the Xtandi continues to fail. I meet with my Onc on Monday the 18'th and want to have some alternatives to present.

Thanks and peace be our journey!

Bees

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Erleada has recently been approved for non-metastatic castration-resistant PC. Another hormonal agent, durolutamide, will probably also be approved shortly.

2 likes

Seeing that they've unblinded the Titan trial, do you think it may also be approved for metastatic disease soon?

targetedonc.com/news/apalut...

"Applications seeking regulatory approval of ERLEADA supported by data from the Phase 3 TITAN study are planned for 2019."

2 likes

Tall_Allen,

Thank you Bro. I have it on my list for the Oncologist now

Tall when will it be available durolutamide for prostate cancer patients with mets

The test with ADT and docetaxel in men with mCRPC will have results in 2022

Really that's along time

They pick a date when they think half the men will survive until, considering the recruitment lag time.

Guys,

My Onc said that Elaida is just Xtandi repackaged, so to speak, to extend patents for Janssen. Bummer

There is a trial ongoing or just beginning on Xtandi plus Indomethacin[An anti-inflammatory used for gout]. We already have anecdotal evidence, of men here using Xtandi, where it was beginning to fail, or PSA was not moving down. One gentleman here got a script from his GP, and in 30 days his PSA that was stuck at 0.3, for a year, after rising from undetectable, and fearing castrate resistance, added the Indomethacin, and became PSA undetectable.

I asked around at my Cancer Center with the Trial Nurse Coordinator, and she confirmed that they were aware, and considering the use of Indomethacin, and other anti-inflammatories, in conjunction with other SOC drugs,like Xtandi. My understanding that the dose is 25 mgs, twice daily. This could be a good alternative for your visit. Go to a search engine. and search Indomethacin and Prostate Cancer, pull the papers on it, and take to your next meeting, on the 18th.

Nalakrats

1 like

Can't it be used with zitega also

Appears to work with AR blockers, which Xtandi is. Zytiga and Xtandi work thru 2 different pathways. But i have no info if it works with Zytiga, and on second thought it might work with Casodex, or allow Casodex to work again--just theory.

Nalakrats

Appears to work with Zytiga as well.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2...

You are a gem among gems my friend! I've added it to my notes to discuss with my OC

Peace,

Bees

HI Guys,

Oncologist said that with the current state of my blood work Indomethacin was a non-starter. Good news, at least I think it's good, is that I've got a bone scan coming up on Thursday. If clean, as all have been so far, I will go off all meds and monitor month to month.

I think we all want to get off these damned drugs. I know the risk, and am comfortable with how we will track this. I'm just so happy to be free for even a month I jumped at the offer.

Peace,

Bees

You may also like...