Panther clinical trial abiraterone pl... - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer
8,150 members8,785 posts

Panther clinical trial abiraterone plus apaludamide

Have just been offered a spot on on the Panther clinical trial at Duke University. Is anyone familiar with it? It combines abiraterone and apaludamide. Cancer is metastatic castration resistant. It continues to progress despite 6 cycles of docetaxel. Trying to read through the consent forms but would love to know if anyone has personal experience or knowledge that would help.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I think it sounds great! We got precious time on Apalutimide with no side effects other than fatigue, which he already had. The combo sounds promising. Best of luck to you.

1 like

I think it's a great combo. Hopefully it works better than either alone.

clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show...

1 like

I had been on this trial for 15 months before my PSA started to rise. Considering other CTs had success timing of 6 months that was pretty good. Pelvic lymph node is the culprit right now. Biopsy last week to confirm.

1 like

If this combo ever becomes commercially available, what is Janssen going to set the over-the-counter price at $22,000 a month? I am currently on Apalutimide and Lupron and the drug cost stresses my resources. What ever Janssen decides to change, I hope they offer you a discounted price after the trial completes.

1 like

You may also like...