Galactin 3 and Cancer cell subtypes study

I mention this 2013 study as it is a good explanation of PC cell subtypes, the role of Galactin3 and Androgen Receptors in helping to determine which is which. It is somewhat scholarly but has clear explanations and seems a "solid" study. They mention Modified Citrus Pectin (Nalakrats!) as an inhibitor of Galactin3.

nature.com/cddis/journal/v4...

Regards,

Craig

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for Paper--one I have not seen--But confirms my consistent use of Modified Citrus Pectin, to bind/cleave Galactin-3--I am now starting month number 9, and still follow the Protocol of the Israeli Phase 2 and the USA-Phase 3 Clinical Trials. Hopefully the AR situation is handled by ADT.

Nalakrats

• Do let us (me) know what your thoughts on Modified Citrus Pectin are after your appointment.

• Very Positive---but with big cancer Institutes involved in many Clinical trials, such as the Levine Cancer Institute---My Doc. Heads a Group for Prostate Cancer--and has many Clinical trials, in go---he has a vested interest: his father has Pca--and now in remission---and the father has Gene Mutations, passed to my Doctor---he told me he had a 50-50 chance of himself getting Prostate Cancer.

But his answer--to your question--he is very aware of Galactin-3, and if the final results of the Israeli trial and the one in the USA, conclude or validate, positive results---he will support its use. He is an integrated medical practitioner. A believer of Medical Drugs --combined with alternative non-medical materials/foods/supplements/vitamins/minerals etc.---for treatment, of Pca.

So he will await final reports---but he supports my use 1000%.

Nalakrats

• I have already ordered Pectasol-C from Amazon. I was taking only 2 capsules a day up to now. You have found a good medical partner. Get him to move to Humboldt county, CA, would you?

Thanks,

Craig

• Really Good--he mentioned a new drug---I did not get the spelling down---he said it is so new, that the Pharm. Co. gave him free doses for a year for 25 people--and can be used at any stage of your journey--He has used it, in a small trial he developed, and has gotten 80% solid remissions---on some stage 4 Pca cases---So I asked him---why not use it on me---he said--after initial dosing--it would cost 15,000 a month, because I have not failed all my options, and I am still undetectable, as to PSA---it is that new--and he said it took 2 billion to develop.

As to Pectasol-C follow the 3 doses a day on an empty stomach.

Best to take the scoop of 5 grams, throw it to the back of your throat--and have plenty of water handy to get it down---it does not mix very well with liquids---maybe 50% solubility--I have no patience to mix and mix ---so I throw it back and wash it down.

Nalakrats

• Thanks, Nalakrats. My Pectasol-C is on it's way.

My guess is that your Dr.'s new drug and others to come will lead to the term "remission" instead of "palliative" for we PC guys in not too many years.

Regards,

Craig

• I kind of got that--I went over about 8 targeted drug categories that are hot and new. I think he was amazed I was up on these drugs---but he is in a different situation---where Labs from companies come and say we have this THING, and it is working really well in mice---so there are things we Pca victims never hear about until they hit the Market, in some manner. I can tell you there is a lot of activity---my Doc. is going back and forth with Docs. at MD Anderson, Sloan Memorial, John Hopkins, and Duke.

We just need to stay alive--and stay as healthy as we can--keeping our bodies in the best shape we can, while under assault with drugs , chemo, radiation, etc.

That is what I have concluded--I cannot control, the future, or the research to it.

Nalakrats

• Too right. Took my herbs, ate my plant based breakfast, lifted weights, now studying for my PHD in Patientology.

Craig

• See my last Post back to pjoshea--on Pectasol-C.

Nalakrats

• Good reply. Thanks.

Craig

• Thanks for posting this. I had to download the PDF file and then search on "pectin" to find that mention of it. I would have missed it if you hadn't mentioned it. I now have renewed interest in "modified citrus pectin" which I have not yet been using. You have to hand it to these researchers. All of that seems Greek, or maybe Latin, to me. I applaud their efforts.

• I had come across MCP before and was taking 2 capsules a day. It was Nalakrats that got me to look into it more completely. The Galactin 3 study was informative in itself, but the mention of MCP got my attention. MCP has some real science backing and seems worth a "go".

Regards,

Craig

You may also like...