PSA drops after 2 years of steady rising

Just got my latest PSA results they dropped from 0.9 to 0.4 in the past 3 months. Is it possible that the Salvage Radiation I had in 2014 is working 2 years after receiving it? I had my prostate remove 8 years ago. I have cut Red Meat (90%) and have tried to eat organic food products.

PSA's 8/14-0.1, 2/15-0.4, 8/15-0.8, 1/16-0.8, 4/16-0.9.

5 Replies

• Well I suppose it could be. Whatever, something is happening with the PSA results. Hope you are feeling well .

• I feel fine and like the good news. I just hope the PSA wasn't misread somehow. We will see in October!

• Sometimes PSA movements are just "odd", quoting my oncologist. For the last 3 months I've had PSA tests every 3 weeks with the results going alternately up and down 300 points. Most recent was down to 1952. As long as I feel well and scan results are favorable, it's just a number.

• After Salvage radiation, the PSA does continue to drop. I have heard in the halls of my Cancer Clinic--that PSA's went down for a year after Salvage---2 may be something else you are doing. What drugs are you on and are you using specific beneficial Supplements?

• My guess is that dietary reform is the most important factor that is causing you reduction in PSA, which hopefully will be sustained for a while. I’ve been reading the messaging on PCa internet forums for the past 20 years, and I have seen many men post about reductions they have experienced because of changes in diet. You can get a general overview about the role of diet by doing a web search on terms:

PSA diet “prostate cancer”

(Avoid disreputable sites that want to sell you questionable supplements.)

You may also like...