Blood Clot

I was in the hospital for two weeks. Last week they found a blood clot due to the midline they put in my left arm They took the midline out told me to give myself two shots a day & a 7.5mg warfarin tablet @ night & sent me home. I have been on this regime for 1 week. I have no insurance & to get a pcp they want $100.00 per visit plus whatever the medication costs. I only have $200.00 for the rest of the month. Can I just stop taking this medication? They were not going to put me on this medication but @ the last minute decided to. Please let me know. Thank you.

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Do not just stop taking the medication without advice first.

• Thank you everyone for your replies. I haven't taken any shots for 2 days & no warfarin since friday night. So far so good, just can't use the arm where the blood clot was or is. Extremely painful. I did speak to a local pharmacist @ great length. His opinion was since I have only been taking shots & warfarin for about a week that I could probably stop, but he also informed me he is not a doctor. In order to see a doctor I have to have a $100.00. I do not have the money. I will update when I can. If you do not hear from me, well you will know the outcome. Obama care SUCKS!!!!!!

• I would discuss this with your Doctor being on Warfarin you should be having regular blood tests too, don't stop taking it, you really do need a clear plan, 2 shots a day plus Warfarin I would be a bit concerned although expensive you need to speak with a Doctor,in the uk pharmasist can be quite helpful in discussing things like that

Hope you manage to get things sorted,

• This is why our NHS is so important.

Sadly in America they don't have that. As I lived in South Africa, a long time. There are many cost effective ways of treating this. Admittedly not as good. Warfarin almost killed me as I'm alergic to it.

• Thank you everyone for your replies. I haven't taken any shots for 2 days & no warfarin since friday night. So far so good, just can't use the arm where the blood clot was or is. Extremely painful. I did speak to a local pharmacist @ great length. His opinion was since I have only been taking shots & warfarin for about a week that I could probably stop, but he also informed me he is not a doctor. In order to see a doctor I have to have a $100.00. I do not have the money. I will update when I can. If you do not hear from me, well you will know the outcome. Obama care SUCKS!!!!!!

• Hope you start taking an aspirin a day. It will help. Unless you cannot take them

• My daughter is going to pick up some aspirin for me today. I am feeling better. Thank you for your help.

• Normally they leave you on it for a couple of weeks. I am on Apaxaban, 5mg twice a day. But the first week was double the doses.

Aspirin also does the same job as warfarin. For heart attack people they get put on half an aspirin a day.

So if cost is the issue. I would do that. If you have enough medication for the first two weeks. 😊 I'm not a doctor. Just had many blood clots.

• Wasn't sure I clicked on the right reply buttons, so yes too much of the same. Sorry, new site new rules :)

You may also like...