Wednesday Lunch/Dinner: Chives and To... - Vegan Foods for Life

Vegan Foods for Life

939 members โ€ข 1,539 posts

Wednesday Lunch/Dinner: Chives and Tofu Soup, Mixed Veggies Pancake. ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฅฃ๐Ÿ˜‹โค๏ธ

GreatMindfulness profile image
GreatMindfulnessAdministrator
โ€ข24 Replies

Hello everyone, hope you have a wonderful Midweek so far! ๐Ÿค—

For today meal, I made simple Chinese chives and tofu soup in mushroom broth, sided with mixed veggies pancake. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Recipe Pancake:

1. Blend: 1 cup of flour (I used quinoa), 1 cup of homemade cashew milk and 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.

2. Sautรฉ mixed veggies include: chives, thin sliced bell peppers, and mushrooms, herbs seasoning and a bit of celery salt.

Just add the pancake liquid into sautรฉed veggies in sprayed avocado oil hot pan, flip and you can enjoy delicious pancake. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘

As always, be inspired, be joyful, take a picture and Enjoy it! ๐Ÿ˜‹โค๏ธ

24 Replies
โ€ข

Looks like a very delicious and nutritious meal. Those two are a great combination ๐Ÿ‘

GreatMindfulnessAdministrator in reply to Kainan_li

Thank you Kainan ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™

I love Chinese chives. Iโ€™m sure your mom made some time right? You can make some pancake this weekend too, so easy and delicious. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘

Mushroom broth looks very nice and sounds delicious , would you class it as a starter. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ„

GreatMindfulnessAdministrator in reply to Byron2020

Thank you Byron2020 very much! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™

Yes I love mushroom broth very much ๐Ÿ˜. With this amount, we donโ€™t have to sacrifice dessert. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersAdministrator

I love the sound of the pancake - that looks lovely ๐Ÿ˜ with soup as well - perfect

GreatMindfulnessAdministrator in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Thank you Debs very much! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™

This is almost every day meal for me when I was teenager living with my parents. They are very delicious and quick to make. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘

Hope you had a fantastic dinner and a restful night! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersAdministrator in reply to GreatMindfulness

Was it, how sweet ๐Ÿ˜

GreatMindfulnessAdministrator in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Yes Debs, there was egg my mom cooked for the pancake but no more for me. ๐Ÿ˜

Thatโ€™s looks so good ๐Ÿ˜‹

GreatMindfulnessAdministrator in reply to HungryHufflepuff

Thank you HungryHufflepuff very much! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™I love Chinese chives combo in soup and pancake very much.

Hope you had a wonderful dinner and a great rest of the evening! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Youโ€™re welcome. How would you like the lotus roots? ๐Ÿ˜ I found some frozen package they sell in supermarket too.

I havenโ€™t tried the lotus root yet. Lately Iโ€™ve been busy at work, and am keeping the lotus root (and also the banana blossom) for when I have the time to properly enjoy cooking and eating it. The soup you made with lotus root and seaweed looked really good, so I think I would like to make something similar ๐Ÿฒ

I see. Hope you will find the time soon to cook and enjoy them. Yes we canโ€™t go wrong with soup. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Looks very tasty, I love the sound and the look of it all..๐Ÿ˜Š

GreatMindfulnessAdministrator in reply to Happyman4

Thank you Happyman4 very much! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™

I love Chinese chives rather than leeks and I was able to cook them all for soup and freeze pancakes for days later on. ๐Ÿ˜

Hope you have a great start of the day! ๐Ÿ˜Š

5.40am and I've settled for a cup of asparagus cup a soup and some bread this morning, still raining lightly and the frogs are in full chorus .. I would say a perfect start of the day ๐Ÿ˜ŠWe had some garlic chives cakes in the fridge and I thought I would try cooking them in the air fryer instead of frying them in a little olive oil as normally do..they were very nice but I still had to turn them..am going to try the tofu this morning in there to see what it's like..we hardly use the air fryer much now, so I'd like to have a reason to keep having it on the kitchen worktop ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thatโ€™s the perfect morning you have with the sound of nature Happyman4. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ‘For the tofu in air fryer, you still need to spray a little bit of oil or it will be too dry. ( I use avocado spray and the nozzle is really good I can manage to spread evenly). My air fryer is part of the oven so itโ€™s there I usually use all the time. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

I have the olive oil in the can..it goes everywhere, I've only used it the once..I'll give it another go. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Perfect! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Love all your ingredients for your veggie pancake creation. It looks delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹. It looks like it goes perfect with your healthy soup. Have a good night ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—.

GreatMindfulnessAdministrator in reply to ZazenRiver345

Thank you Zazen very much! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™

You can make batch of these pancakes. With the amount of ingredients I used, I was able to make 3 of them so I froze 2 and just need to put in air fryer at anytime to eat. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘

Enjoy the rest of your evening too! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Zest profile image
ZestGuest

Hi GreatMindfulness

That looks like a lovely combination of flavours.

Zest :-)

GreatMindfulnessAdministrator in reply to Zest

Hi Zest,

Thank you very much for saying that, much appreciated! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™

I enjoyed this simple meal very much. Hope you have a good rest of the evening! ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...