Thyroid Antibodies and Miscarriages

This is an interesting article in preventing miscarriages women with thyroid antibodies. It is of interest to me because my endo mentioned this exact treatment. I will be seeing him again in two week to discuss this treatment. By then I'll hopefully be ready to conceive again after my miscarriage.

bellaonline.com/articles/ar...

Is there anybody out there that has had success on this treatment?

You can follow my journey on rainbowbabyhopes.wordpress.com

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Orangepie,

Your wee girl is beautiful. I love reading your journey and I'm sure you are helping so many people by sharing it. 

Take care,

J

X

• Thank you so much. I'm so glad you are following my journey. It's amazing I've only just started the blog but I can see in my stats people all over the world are starting to view it. I really hope and pray I have a success story soon so I can of motivation and help...

• Dear Orangepie,

I am so sorry about your recent loss and ALL your losses. I was following your posts and was really praying for you that everything would work out.

Thank you so much for posting the above article. I would also like to try this protocol as I am hoping to do IVF in a couple of months and I also have Hashimotos. I will ask my endo about this at my appointment next week and let you know what he says.

I just had a look at your blog and see that you were told that your TSH was 'within range' at 2.84! Apparently it needs to be between 1 and 2!!!! So your doctor should have upped your levothyroxine just based on that!

It seems to me that it MUST be important to lower the TPO & TG antibodies as well as lowering the TSH. Have you considered a gluten & dairy free diet at this is supposed to help. I am doing that now.

Another thing which is supposed to help lowering the antibodies is LDN (Low dose naltexone) - do a search on this website for more info. I am considering this if diet fails!

Best of luck!

• Hi , the last time i checked my TSH when I got pregnant on levothyroxine it was 1.73 so they were ok with that. But I did miscarry at TSH of 2.84 and 1.73. So I think it's the antibodies which are the culprits.

I am glad you are following my posts. Feeling a bit down as this process of miscarriage has been long this time . I am waiting until my next cycle arrives and hopefully I will be starting the new treatment as in the article in 2 weeks.

I will let you know how I get on and will update my blog.

I am trying naturally but endo said it will be the same protocol as IVF. Did you ever get pregnant naturally. If so, did you miscarry too?

I tried that gluten free two days but my gp and endo did not see the point in it and I think the medications will work better for me. I hope you get on well with it. I found it very hard :s

Thanks I will research that. Also I tried selenium too I have read and on the bottle it said supports immune system and thyroid function.

• Hello, I have been looking at your blog with interest. I am struggling to even conceive in the first place with treated hypothyroidism and antibodies of >1300. No one really seems to take this seriously as a reason for my infertility apart from fertility doc who wants me to go through IVF with steroids to calm this down. Anyway, enough of me. Really I came on to say that I have been spending time on infertility message boards in relation to this problem.

mumsnet.com/Talk/conception...

This is an interesting thread if you go back to the beginning or even post a question on there the lovely ladies will answer with their experiences. A lot of women on here have recurrent miscarriages and raised antithyroid antibodies. They seem to have had success through Dr Shehata who I think is down South somewhere.

miscarriageclinic.co.uk/

Good luck with your journey!

• Hi . Thank you for the reply. This link you provide is it a private clinic? It is probably very costly. I tried private IUI which was a silly mistake as I seem to get pregnant naturally.

Thanks for the mumsnet link I will check it out. Yes I was told steroids too. Mine is so mildly elevated as it's 109 compare to most women like yourself but it can still have a impact.But my new blood test results will be revealed on monday very interested to see. I hope IVF works for you , have you ruled out everything else?

You may also like...