I have thrown my microwave out years ago, if my kids want one in the house, they can't, it's a banned article!!
The worst thing to do with a microwave is, heat up breast or bottled milk, using our wonderful flourodated water. Two things that are a recipe for future disasters, to our health, and our children's.
I am sure that we will all say, "oh I can't live without it, but our Mum's did. My Mum used to keep Dad's dinner hot, on a metal plate, with a metal plate covering it, over a pan of hot water, or on a slow oven, and it was never dried out.
It is quick easy and too convenient for us to use, but with a little forethought, it is not needed. Babies bottles can be heated up in a pan of hot water, I am sure that you can think of other methods, but NOT the dreaded Microwave.
I have to say, that with my 7 children I had copious amounts of breast milk, so never had to even worry about a microwave. I worked from home then, so was able to breast feed for as long as needed, also supplementing proper food with it, but never ever bought tinned, or dried packet, baby food, that's what your liquidiser is for, or fork!