Big Pharma Is America’s New Mafia

This is the latest post in 'The Daily Beast' and is just full of hyperlinks to other material. PR

One interesting link is to the Commonwealth's 2014 study of US healthcare versus 10 other nations.

The UK is ranked number 1 in some categories. Link Follows.

Last edited by

2 Replies

• Just as I'd always suspected. Thank you for posting, PR.

• Thanks again PR4NOW. Always interesting links. I liked this particular phrase from first link:

I hate to ruin the fun, but practicing physicians are influenced far more by guidelines, esteemed academic physicians, and opinion pieces in prestigious journals than we are by a deli platter and a smiling drug rep. We look to the world of academic medicine because, well, where else can we turn? Pharmaceutical companies know this and have worked hard to sway the leadership. Now the question comes up if we can trust the data that the leadership relies on. One wonders how deep the deception goes. In fact, the heavy influence of pharmaceutical dollars inspired the former editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine, Dr. Marcia Angell, to conclude, “It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.”

You may also like...