Hashimoto's and Adverse Drug Reactions Misery

I have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and have suffered serious adverse drug reactions for many, many years.

Battling with bullies in the medical profession has been, and still is a nightmare.

I found this link today and am going to print it off to show to all doctors/consultants that I see in future.

Hope all Hashimoto patients will find it useful.-------

Hormones Matter

Adverse Reactions, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Gait, Balance and Tremors hormonesmatter.com/adverse-...

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for posting this interesting article. The medical establishment is notorious for bullying; I too have been a victim several times. In my personal experience, this so-called profession protects some of the most dangerous predators I have ever encountered. The title "Dr" offers predators in the medical "profession" (read: industry) the same kind of protection as other types of predators (eg the Saville type) enjoy by virtue of the title Sir/Lord, etc.

• Thank you, I could not have put it better.

• I love this bit :

'In fact, I would consider thyroid testing, specifically for autoimmune thyroid disease like Hashimoto’s, as one of the first disease processes to rule out.'

If only!!! Yes, this is a good thing to take to your doctors. They might learn something useful!!!

Good article, bomap. Thanks for posting.

Hugs, Grey

• Thank you

• My health problems started acute,high Bp170/115 blood shot eye,tremors,nausea,headache ,severe tinnitus,pins & needles,anxiety,palpitations.I was taking eutroxsig 50 mcg tested thoroughly Thyroid tests ok .pharmacist told me I was thyroidtoxic cease meds.bp came down ,night episodes continued.6 mths later diagnosed with B12 deficiency with genetic mutation MTHFR .Local drs ignored my neuro symptons & b12level 290 which should be have been over 450 .Google Vitamin b12 deficiency treatment protocol & could it be B12 ? My lifesaving book.

• Actually, the Japanese treat any B12 level Under 800! Mine was about 250 and the doctor said it was 'perfect'! I could hardly walk and would forget what I was saying mid-sentence. I had been taking several médications that I've read deplete your B12 and magnesium, but the doctor denied this - and even said that magnesium was unimportant! Second time I've heard a doc say this.

I started supplementing with B12, and some other things, and began to feel much better. But my supply began to dwindle, I ordered more but it didn't arrive!!! By the beginning of this week I was completely out of B12, and I felt as if I were going to die.

My B12 arrived yesterday and I immediately took 2000 mcg and began to feel better. Last night I had the best night's sleep I've had in ages.

They just don't understand the importance of these things. It's criminal!

• thank you yes, I am convinced now that a lot of my symptoms are down low to B12. Since I stopped taking it this week in readiness for my blood test on Tuesday I have felt worse and worse. Sleeping very badly, clumsy, knocking into things completely exhausted.

how do you take yours? I have sub-lingual tablets as these seem to work better than regular supplements although if levels are really low and in pernicious anemia injections are better.

My aunt received the injections but i think they were only every few months.

• I have to have high doses of sub-lingual tablets because my doctor won't even admit that it's low. No point in counting on him for injections, I'm afraid!

• Thank you Bomap thats a realy valuable piece of work. I'm sure people think I am completely mad when I am trying to explain my illness, especially the doctors! I posted this to FB and sent it to my family. Hoping that my children will never suffer with these problems but if they do at least I can pre warn them about what help they may need so they don't have to battle like we all have.

• You are most welcome.

You may also like...