Scleroderma & Raynaud's UK (SRUK)

Painting & decorating?

This is a crackers off the wall question but here goes. Before starting cyclophosphamide, I decided to blitz through painting all of my doors and frames. I thought I would get it out of the way before my lungs deteriorated any more (I have lung fibrosis as a result of scleroderma). To my astonishment, my breathing got easier with gloss paint fumes. Has anyone else found this or have I succeeded in melting my lungs?

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Kate

I certainly hope not lol! I have not done any decorating for some time, good on you for being able to do all this with your scleroderma! So no idea if it helps or not, I know it isnt the best to breath it even with normal lungs, but I would imagine your breathing would be much worse if it was making the condition worse! Best of luck and hope the painting turns out nice!

Reply

Probably due to all the exercise you did when you were painting and decorating!! Exercise improves your life - do as much as you can (can I suggest you open the windows though next time! ;-) )

Reply

How are you coping with the medication? I think I could be prescribed something similar at my next appoinment at the Lung Clinic.

Reply

Hi. I've had three lots of cyclophosphamide treatments and it seems to have stabilised my lungs. You feel a bit quesy the following day but otherwise fine.

Reply

Hi Kate,

I'm 21 and starting Cyclophosphamide on the 6th December, and haven't been told anything about it. What side effects have you experienced? Ashton x

Reply

You may also like...