Here is proof that easy-to-eat food doesn't have to be bland. My easy-peasy recipe for Broccoli and Stilton Soup!
Ingredients (serves around 4-6 depending):
2 heads of broccoli
1 large potato
1 large onion
2 pints vegetable or chicken stock
25-50g stilton cheese (depending on how stilton-y you want it - entirely up to you, you're going to be eating it)
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Peel onion & chop roughly. Sweat gently in a large saucepan in olive oil.
2. Peel carrot & potato and chop into large chunks. Add to pan.
3. Roughly chop broccoli, including stalks. Add to pan.
4. Add stock. Bring to boil. Cover, simmer for 1 hour.
5. Remove from heat. Blend with hand blender in saucepan (you can use a food processor, but it'll make more washing-up!)
6. Add as much or as little stilton as you like - keep tasting it until it's how you want. Stir it in and heat through gently. The soup should be thick, almost like baby food. If you like, at this stage you can take some out and keep it aside for the person who needs theirs thicker, and add more stock or water to the rest if everyone else doesn't want their soup that thick.
7. Eat! Yum.
Also works really well with cauliflower and cheddar if you're not a fan of stilton.
If this is useful, I have more recipes up my sleeve that I can share.