Blood tests not pointing to any condition

Hi,

Iv just recieved my latest blood results which were ANA C3 and C4 and ANCA, they all came back negative and within range.

I also got telephone cann from rheumy department with appointment for neext thursday.

So far from bloods there is no indication of whats causing my symptoms and raised esr.

Last night i had a bad time with wrist and knee pain on both sides with flu-;ike symptoms. Also headache for past few days which i dont normally have apart from ocular migraine from time to time.

Its frustrating and i often wonder if i will ever get to the point where i know whats causing me to feel unwell and if any treatment will help.

Thanks Christine

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Having a negative blood test doesn't necessarily mean it isn't telling them something - it is all part of a jigsaw puzzle. It will be interesting to hear what the rheumy says on Thursday - it sounds as if he has some ideas.

• Lets hope so..

• Hi PMRpro. I am a RN in the States who ended up with RHUPUS ( acronym for RHEMATOID Arthritis and Lupus which set into action the cerebral vasculitis. I have 7 infarcts on my brain. Best time to get diagnostic bloodworm done when u are in a flare up. If u go feeling good - ur # won't get u the diagnostic levels. To say u have it. Don't give up. U should b seeing a neurologist for the vasculitis As a clot will lilli and they put u on blood thinners. It's an awful disease but u unfortunately joined our vasculitis club. These is relief from the RA AND LUPUS but the vasculitis is horrible. Let me know how u do. Do u live in the states?

Wishing u well

You may also like...