Been hospitalized since last Saturday night. Apparently I wasn't metabolizing the pred, and who knows what all else because I've been so out of it I've missed 3/4's of what's been going on. Had a very high fever (103.3) which is now down to 99 but seems determined to not get to my typical of 97.6. Had a spinal tap (rather not do that one again) and still waiting for two culture results from that. Rheumy doesn't want me released until those come in and he's sure there's no infection roosting somewhere.
Changed me to methylprednisilone via IV which they are now tapering down and then I'm going back on oral pred which I'm a bit nervous about since it wasn't being absorbed. Since I'm supposed to see the rheumy within the week I'm just going with the flow and ask him about it. From what I've read it looks like the IV form has less side effects?? Anyone else have any experience or info on this? I don't understand why the U.S. uses pred and Europe uses methyl?? Anyone??
I'm also thinking I'm going to cut out the supplements except the turmeric and my multi-vitamins and see how I do.
As of yesterday I'm officially unemployed because of this disease and I'm waiting on my disability insurance. I'm so confused? upset? frustrated? by this whole disease process. Trying to heal and not worry about the future.