Some of the foreign websites we regularly use to purchase vitamin B12 injections have stopped providing the option to translate pages into English and although some web browsers provide the option to translate pages automatically (for instance, Google Chrome), many don’t.
So, for those who don't have an automatic language translation facility, here's a way to translate foreign language pages into English (works for about thirty different languages - and also does audio translation on phones 😉). This App is free.
Instructions here are for iPad or iPhone, but the principles will be similar for PC etc. (i.e. install, activate, translate page), although the actions needed to do this might differ slightly. (Sorry, can't test on PC as I use Google Chrome and don't want to risk 'upsetting' PC by installing a different app.)
1. Enter 'Microsoft Translator' in the internet search bar
2. Download Microsoft Translator
3. Open Safari (first picture in image)
4. While viewing a webpage (any will do) tap the share button (second picture in image)
5. Scroll to the left on the bottom row of icons (third picture in image)
6. Tap the more button (this will appear when you've scrolled all the way to the left)
7. Turn the switch next to Microsoft Translator to the green 'on' position
8. Tap done
How to Translate Web Pages
9. Open Safari (first picture in image)
10. Go to the webpage that you want to translate
11. Tap the share button (as in picture two). (This may appear at the top or bottom of the screen)
12. A menu will appear. Tap the Microsoft Translator button. The entire page will then be translated into English (takes a couple of seconds)
Note: Each page has to be translated individually - bit cumbersome, but hey, it works like magic 😀.
I'm going to pin this post to the pinned posts section and leave it open to replies for a short while. If anyone would like to reply and leave instructions for installation and use on other devices, please feel free 😉.
Or perhaps suggest alternative translation applications (I chose this simply because I was able to install it easily...and it works for my purposes).
Happy Translating 👍