Parkinson's Movement
13,797 members12,358 posts

instant release sinemet

A while back someone posted how they crushed a sinemet tablet and took it with something to get a quicker release. When my hubby forgets to take his meds and goes into "off time" it takes him about a hour and 1/2 after taking his med to get back "on". Anone remember the post. I can't find it

Thanks

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Look for a heading starting with parcopa, somebody gave the answer in that reply they gave directions how to do it it's must be about 10 emails down or so

It was entitled "Parcopa-dissolving type of Sinemet".

I have been "crushing" ny sinemet meds for over 3 years now and it gets into my system in about 20 minutes or so

Takes over an hour now to get into my system if I don't crush them and/or if I go into off time

3 likes

Taking with OJ also helps metabolize quicker

Hope that helps

3 likes

When you crush them how long do they work for you? For me regular sinamet gives me 90 min but cr gives me 4 hrs but it takes 1 hour to work. I'm experimenting..trying to get the best for the least amount...to hopefully not have dyskinesia

1 like

Same here

I'm always trying to get the most out of my meds

It's like we are a chemistry experiment

I totally agree. These Dr's don't know what PD is because they don't have it. Also I've always wondered if the drugs we take have been tested together. I bet not. I take mine 45 min apart...one at a time. I do think we're guinea pigs.....try this and that and if it works continue. Not thinking about side effects 5 to 10 yrs later. We have to be our own advocates. My motto...take the least amount of meds you can tolerate and excercise alot

3 likes

U r so right

What do you feel when its time to take your next md

I feel jittery and anxious . my left arm tremors. I feel like I can't accomplish anything and my posture becomes terrible. It's hard to walk. My left leg drags.

1 like

You may also like...