Strong urine

Hi All

Had a bit of a shock this morning when I had my first wee of the day. I use a bottle just for this one as I can't make it to the loo until my meds kick in. I was horrified to see it was a very dark brown colour - I know that the Stalevo I take causes it to become quite orange at times but this was another level altogether!

I'm not having any kidney pains so, hopefully, they're working ok - has anyone else had a similar experience and, if so, what turned out to be the cause?

Cheers,

Gary

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I've had a similar situation with a bottle-urinal that had a residue in the bottom. My son, an Internist, saw it one morning and went ballistic for not telling him about it. He was concerned about a protein disease in the kidney that is very rare and fatal that produces a cola colored urine. I replaced the urinal and voila! No disease.... urine was as clear as the morning sunshine.

• Thanks for that, etterus, I'm hoping it's not anything that bad as it seems to have only been a one-off - maybe just an overnight build-up of food/tablet colourings.

• Probably just concentrated due to not having had enough to drink. Mine is sometimes a bit brown rather than orange.

• It is most likely the stalevo -- it scared me for a while also , and it stains the toilet . the longer the pee sits the darker it will be. but it wouldnt hurt to ask the doc.

• Thanks, Pete-1 and siak.

You may also like...