Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am currently on day 15 of Champix and really struggling :( i have not had a cigarette for a week but i constantly crave one. Was told that champix would stop this but currently it is my will power that is stopping me and i am not sure how much more it can hold out. I have tried numerous times to quit. First time i managed 2 years smoke free then caved and last time i managed 6 weeks both times using practically every patch,lozenge,inhalator going! My husband has decided to give up as well and is on day 2 of patches and inhalator and is very grumpy at least i am trying to keep smiling. :)

4 Replies

• Hi Impy and welcome to the forum. I have no experience of champix but I'm sure somebody who has will be along soon. Well done on two smoke free years, that's a great achievement so you know you can get through these difficult early days. I had really bad cravings and still get them although as time passes they are getting fewer and I'm better able to cope with them. Just take it a day at a time, or even an hour if you need to. This forum is great and everybody here is so helpful & supportive. Wishing you and your husband the very best of luck.

• Evening Impy and welcome to the forum from me too :D

Whilst your OH nay be grumpy, I expect it will ultimately help that the two of you have quit together. You can provide each other with moral support and hopefully, your less good days (;)) won't coincide too often.

It's not easy at first whatever quiit method you use and I expect one of the Champix quitters will be along soon to give you some advice but the main thing is here you are, already with a week under your belt and with every intention of making that two weeks (and then a month, and then the sky is the limit :)). Hold on Impy and the difficult times will pass- I promise.

I shall look forward to hearing how it is all going and many congratulations from me for doing so well.

• Hi Impy. In general they recommend stopping smoking under Champix on Day 15, and coming off it after three months. maybe you stopped too soon?

• Hello Impy,

Good luck with your quit, I hope you and your OH stay strong and kick the habit. Good luck my friend.

You may also like...