I hated smoking

I am feeling extremely proud and confident in my quit. Early days I know but I feel happy most of the time. I did not plan this quit and initially I did not have a plan in place but once I quit I realised how important a plan is and so I made one and I am sticking to it. Patches are my way forward and are part of my plan and yesterday I started thinking that as I am feeling so confident I should maybe ditch the patches !! but after thinking it thru I felt this was maybe the nico demon thinking and not me and so I will see this plan thru to the end. Coming off patches has never been hard for me before on previous quits so theres no rush. Just so pleased I can breath easier today xxx :)

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am feeling extremely proud and confident in my quit. Early days I know but I feel happy most of the time. I did not plan this quit and initially I did not have a plan in place but once I quit I realised how important a plan is and so I made one and I am sticking to it. Patches are my way forward and are part of my plan and yesterday I started thinking that as I am feeling so confident I should maybe ditch the patches !! but after thinking it thru I felt this was maybe the nico demon thinking and not me and so I will see this plan thru to the end. Coming off patches has never been hard for me before on previous quits so theres no rush. Just so pleased I can breath easier today xxx :)

That is brilliant Gerti, I'm so pleased you're happy to be quit!!

Am sure that most of quitting smoking is a mental thing - have quit several times in the past, but because I still enjoyed smoking those quits didn't stick - so when you get to the mental state that you don't want to smoke and you're loving your smoke free life that's most of the battle won :)

I also think that smoking is less about the nicotine (although obviously we're all hooked on the b.loody stuff) and more about smoking a ciggie instead. Sounds weird but when I tried smoking rollies, it didn't feel like I'd had a ciggie until I smoked a "proper" fag, and "smoking" an unlit roll of paper early on cured my craves as well.

Definitely do the full course with the patches, one of the mistakes i made was to ditch them early, swap to gum, to e-cig and back to patches/gum again.

This will be *the* quit for you if you keep thinking like you are!! And YAY for breathing better, it's really amazing how quickly your body recovers from all that abuse isn't it?

xx

• Thanks guys and yes I will def stick with my patches for a while xxx

You may also like...