Had a read of alot of these posts last night, it really does encourage people to stay strong, great post!
Here are my main reasons
1. For my own health. I have worked with alot of people who have COPD, hooked up to machines and continuing to smoke. I do not want to be one of these people. The thought of smoking related cancer also terrifies me. When you're a smoker you dont admit it but you have constant worries that every little niggling pain could be the start of something major.
2. I dont want to see my kids lose their mum at a young age. I want to be here to support them and see them grow up, attend their weddings and enjoy having grandchildren.
3. Smokers have that look!! You know the one, wrinkles, slightly grey complexion, haggard, and they smell soooo bad.
4. The cost!!!! I didnt think we could afford a home extension until i added up what i'll be saving every month, nearly £200!! Bring on the extra bedrooms!
5. To get rid of that dependancy, always having to leave what doing and go outside in the cold, rain, or snow to light up. Absolute insanity!
6. Having to get up even earlier for work to fit in a cuple of cigs before i leave the house in the morning, then worrying about the smell of smoke on my uniform all day.
I could go on forever!!!!!
The reasons for continuing to smoke.....0