No Smoking Day
2,847 members31,490 posts

A year this week

Well on Thursday it will be a year for me without smoking. A few quick thoughts and comments if I may.

After around 4 months it became a habit not to smoke, so after this time it was reasonably easy. However!! I do not see myself as a non smoker- No. I see myself as a smoker who does not smoke.I do not take it for granted and still realise that a quit is an ongoing process that never stops. Do I miss smoking? Well yes, I enjoyed it but I made the decison to stop and all in all I am glad I did. I do feel better health wise but have put on about 20 kilos (no i did not eat more), so that is the next target. I still get the occasional urges but I can live with them (actually I perversely enjoy them, it reminds me that I have done something difficult).

So in summary stopping was (and is) a mixed bag for me (some parts easier than others) I guess everyone finds there own way, a bit like life really.

My best wishes to all who are on this journey and a special thanks to all who contribute to this forum - you all helped me a lot, mostly without knowing it, and for this I am hugely grateful.

Good luck, happiness and health

James

3 Replies
oldestnewest

May I be first to congratulate you James. A glass of champagne awaits you at the penthouse bar on Thursday, you've earned it.

Well done!!!

Helen

Congratulations James very well done...and some good words of wisdom!!

Good look with the weight loss..xx

I still get the occasional urges but I can live with them (actually I perversely enjoy them, it reminds me that I have done something difficult).

James

I have this same perversion.

a year is something to be really proud of i bet

Mashx

You may also like...