Day 14

Feeling a bit meh at the moment. Still missing the action of smoking - my routine just doesn't feel 'right' without it. I've been feeling a bit down, but I don't know if that's because of the quit, or just a general depression phase.

I'm also a bit disappointed that I'm not really feeling any better physically - energy levels have increased, my sinuses are still blocked and I still get out of breath easier than I should.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but it just seems at the moment that's not really worth it.

I'm also spending more on NRT than it cost me for fags :confused:

6 Replies

• Hi,

Might be a stupid question but have you thought about going to your nurse and getting them on the NHS?

Sorry your feeling a bit low. It could be that the toxins in your body are just making you feel yuck. Hang in there things will change.

I went back to the nurse last night and the first thing she said to me was how my colour had changed :eek:she said I had rosy cheeks and didn't look so grey :confused:

Mind you I was more worried that she would tell me how fat I had got :D

Keep positive and think you may not be feeling on top of the world right now but on a positive note your health is not getting any worse which it would do if you kept smoking.

Take care Lingy

• I'm also spending more on NRT than it cost me for fags :confused:

Hi Jen

You may be spending more on NRT now but in a few months you wont be spending anything on NRT and those savings will really begin to show....also, perhaps more importantly you are not slowly killing yourself by way of poison!!! :D

Keep up the good work, it will be worth it in the end!!

• calamityjen

all those thoughts were going through my mind. Don't give in, you come so far . :)

Getting them on prescription would be one good solution.

I think I am expecting to much ... I feel I should be juming around , feeling amazing...and yes some days I feel great but some days not. I think you have to give it time. It will all happen.

I send you a hug (( hug))

• Thanks everyone for all your support :) I feel a bit better now. I think it might just be that I'm not sleeping too well and that's making me a bit grumpy, and also that change is hard, even a change for the better (especially if the better is slow!).

Lingy, I've got an appointment with the nurse on 27th, so I'll see what she says - I have a feeling you have to get them weekly, which might be difficult workwise. It's annoying me that the patches keep peeling off, so I end up using twice as many :eek:

I'm still hanging on in there, albeit with a grumpy face!

• Hi Jen. I can understand your frustration - after the weeks of suffering, it would be lovely to have some rewards in the form of feeling better. The way I see it, if you think how long you have been smoking, and doing damage (in my case 40 years) then it's not surprising that it takes a while for your body to recover...

On the positive side though, that's your first two weeks out of the way - cause for celebration, I think!

• I feel for you ... i really do

ive had grumpy 'is it all worth it moments'

more than one ...

smoking is such a nothing thing

a mouthful of hot tabbaco flavored smoke ..

it would be ok if it tasted of cocacola ..

and actually gave you a hit of something

but it dont ... its just poop

be paitence

you will feel better

i walked 3 miles home from a freinds today

without stopping !!!!

usually i would of stopped loads of times and sat on bench's

and rested ..wheezing

my body is healing ..

its getting there :)

You may also like...