No Smoking Day
2,851 members31,495 posts

On my 3rd day cold turkey

Hello,

I'm on my 3rd day of not smoking now and I'm finding it really hard, I'm seeing everyone smoking and really wanting a fag, but because I wanna get healthy I won't let myself down :-) I really wanna start at the gym as well as take my son swimming.

I have a stop smoking thing to keep my hands busy but I need something to take my mind off smoking. It's worse after dinner coz that's when I usually feel I have to smoke. Anyone got any ideas on what I could do to stop thinking about it???? Any help is appreciated

Thank you

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Drinking straws work for me.

Grab one, cut it to ciggie size and shove it in your gob, then you can mess with it / suck a big lungful of fresh air / chew the crap out of it / do all the usual fingerwork to your hearts content. I never go anywhere without one and I'm on day 7.

Once it's ruined, cut another one.

Meanwhile, do all the stuff Karri suggested

Drinking straws work for me.

Grab one, cut it to ciggie size and shove it in your gob, then you can mess with it / suck a big lungful of fresh air / chew the crap out of it / do all the usual fingerwork to your hearts content. I never go anywhere without one and I'm on day 7.

Once it's ruined, cut another one.

Meanwhile, do all the stuff Karri suggested

I like the straw idea !!

As you want to get healthy my method of eating anything in sight won't help! :D

So yeah straws and what Karri said! lol

Thanx guys I will deffo have to try the straw idea. Went for my 1st run today and I couldn't stop coughing when I got back, I was only running for 3 mins and fast walking for 2.

Got a sore throat aswell.

Thankyou for the encouragement :-)

You may also like...