Day 40 and I am feeling very grateful to this site and to all the members for helping me get this far. Freedom from nicotine is a great gift indeed. In shops I can smell the smokers, and non-smokers would have smelt me a mile away 40 days ago. Still a long way to go though, and I hope I can keep it going. Some great benefits being smoke free.
1) Not burning six quid a day.
2) Not having to take my asthma spray several times a day. Most days I don't need it at all.
3) Not having to wash my clothes so much since they don't smell horrible after wearing one day.
4) Returning home to a flat that smells good.
5) Being able to work all day in an office and not worrying about when I can get out for a cig fix.