nearly a whole week

day 7 and im really streaming with cold. im not sure if it is cold or whether its hayfever to be honest.. I used to have hayfever years ago but i think i smoked so much in the past that my body was just so desensitised by the smoke that the pollen didnt even touch it!

anyway - still feeling like this is definately my time to give up. Ive never felt so positive about quitting. And if i can get through this cold i think ill be fine.

Im a bit worried like everyone im sure, of getting too complacent and then getting caught out and letting my guard down on a night out but I think as long as I am aware of it being a potential stumbling block thats all you can do really.

nearly a week of being a non smoker - thanks to all who have helped me through this time - its been invaluable support,

5 Replies

• Hi Bman :D

WOW almost a week already that's great well done you

Sorry you have a cold but hey ho you're not smoking with it this time and that has to be good

Just be a little wary on a night out and if you have a drink take it easy, just one or two and then switch to soft drinks to start with [much safer]

Marg xxxxxxx

• Well done one whole week things will start to get a little easyer now. Hope the colds not to bad.xxxx

• Well done Bman, you are talking in weeks now, how time flies. Your aches and pains are all part of the healing process, will soon be better. I think most people are wary of having a drink in the first few weeks, maybe not too many eh!!!

• Well done BMan I have never had hay fever in my life until I quit in February. Its weird isn't it? I was the only one in the household that smoked but I was the healthiest lol. That was until it caught up with me and thought I was going to die, I'm so glad I saw the light and I hope you continue to too :).

• well thank god today is nearly over - todays just got worse and worse - feel like death warmed up. have had about 6 lemsip max's and been to bed twice and still feel like ive been bulldosed.

hope this doesnt last for long as its not much fun - still will be on week two when i wake up tomorrow so gotta be worth it all in the long run.

gonna get some more sleep - see you all tomorrow.

congratulations to all those holding through and good luck to all those deciding to start again or quit for the first time.

You may also like...