No Smoking Day

Day 3 and feeling positive

Hi to everyone

I have just registered on this forum and want to say hello. I am on day 3 and feel great. Have smoked 20/30 cigarettes a day for the last 34 years and have tried giving up loads of times and never got past day 1.

I have enrolled on the NHS programme and have been prescribed Champix and they seem to be working. My last cigarette which was 8.30 last Sunday night tasted so foul that I have not wanted to light another since. Have had a few thoughts about smoking and cigarettes but nothing that's causing distress yet.

I am so pleased to have got this far and am looking forward to my Carbon Monoxide test tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone else on this forum. Here's to a smoke free life !!

5 Replies

Well done

Congratulations, sounds like you are winning the battle keep up the good work.

Well done Bernie,

Get yourself the most help you can and do some of the reading/videos etc that are available.

Everything positive you do while you're feeling good will stand for you when you're struggling.

All the best,

:) well done you are doing great keep it up .

Tracey x

tracey - Free and Healing for Nine Days, 12 Hours and 22 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 7 Hours, by avoiding the use of 381 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £94.81.

Well done,

keep up the good work, the thought of Carbon Monoxide in the blood stream fills me with horror now.

I know the effect on my stamina after just 2 days of not smoking was massive.

All the best

Thanks for your support. Day 4 and still going strong!!

You may also like...