Day 3 and feeling positive

Hi to everyone

I have just registered on this forum and want to say hello. I am on day 3 and feel great. Have smoked 20/30 cigarettes a day for the last 34 years and have tried giving up loads of times and never got past day 1.

I have enrolled on the NHS programme and have been prescribed Champix and they seem to be working. My last cigarette which was 8.30 last Sunday night tasted so foul that I have not wanted to light another since. Have had a few thoughts about smoking and cigarettes but nothing that's causing distress yet.

I am so pleased to have got this far and am looking forward to my Carbon Monoxide test tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone else on this forum. Here's to a smoke free life !!

5 Replies

• Well done

Congratulations, sounds like you are winning the battle keep up the good work.

• Well done Bernie,

Get yourself the most help you can and do some of the reading/videos etc that are available.

Everything positive you do while you're feeling good will stand for you when you're struggling.

All the best,

• :) well done you are doing great keep it up .

Tracey x

tracey - Free and Healing for Nine Days, 12 Hours and 22 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 7 Hours, by avoiding the use of 381 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £94.81.

• Well done,

keep up the good work, the thought of Carbon Monoxide in the blood stream fills me with horror now.

I know the effect on my stamina after just 2 days of not smoking was massive.

All the best

• Thanks

Thanks for your support. Day 4 and still going strong!!

You may also like...