thursday instead of saturday.... cold turkey day

hi people

i said i would go cold turkey this saturday but i decided to bring it forward and start my quitten date this thursday at 9.30 pm.

so i have gone nearly 24 hours and i would like to say i have not had one puff but in fact i have had 2 roll ups.

so tomorow it will be 0.

incase you are wondering going cold turkey helped me quit for over 4 months last time and it was only 1 stupid puff of the ciggie that brought me back to being a full smoker.

so i am better armed this time in knowledge and i would like to say support from here as well but i always had that anyway so its nice its there when i need it.

will let you know how i get on monday night when i hope my 72 hour period has passed and i can start tackling the craving in a positive way.

tim xx

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • All the best Tim. I'm sure you'll do it this time. If your head's in the right place then it is alot easier.

• hi people

i said i would go cold turkey this saturday but i decided to bring it forward and start my quitten date this thursday at 9.30 pm.

so i have gone nearly 24 hours and i would like to say i have not had one puff but in fact i have had 2 roll ups.

so tomorow it will be 0.

incase you are wondering going cold turkey helped me quit for over 4 months last time and it was only 1 stupid puff of the ciggie that brought me back to being a full smoker.

so i am better armed this time in knowledge and i would like to say support from here as well but i always had that anyway so its nice its there when i need it.

will let you know how i get on monday night when i hope my 72 hour period has passed and i can start tackling the craving in a positive way.

tim xx

:)all the best.i am going cold turkey tomorrow.

• Timothy it appears there are a couple of new quitters just started, maybe you could team up with them and compare notes etc, you know what they say - safety in numbers etc ect, always good to offer support to your team members - hope to see you all sporting quit counters soon

dedicateddesigns.com

Good luck

love

sue

kickingbutt

I have been quit for 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 17 minutes and 3 seconds (142 days). I have saved £1,568.01 by not smoking 7,100 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 15 hours and 40 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 06/02/2008 21:17

• teaming up

hi guys would love to team up with anyone else just starting to kick the habit but dont know how to so............. any hints people

• Good luck Tim and imogenkate, you should both make a team together, find a good name for your team, and any other newbie quitters can join in your team.:)

• hi guys would love to team up with anyone else just starting to kick the habit but dont know how to so............. any hints people

had my last one a few minutes ago.:Dam going to blog as i think it might help.no advice for you.

• Welcome both

It do help if you have a quit buddy. I was a new year quitter there was a bout 13 of us think oly about 4 left. HEHE You could call yourselfs team june. Linda xxx

• i feel quite light headed and fairly positive today.

i keep thinking i should be doing something,then realising that it is smoking i would have been doing.

• Yes, good luck to you both.

You may also like...