Where's me cough gorn?

I had a "smoker's cough" for years. I could always be relied on to let rip with an eye-watering bout of coughing at least once a day, interspersed with little hawks and splutters all day long. I had various medicines and treatments but it stayed put.

I gave up the fags just 2 months ago and, guess what, I don't cough any more. I hadn't thought about it until my granddaughter mentioned it but it's true.

One more reason to stay off those ciggies, folks. ;)

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • LOL that's great.

When I cough now it sounds pathetic, it's fantastic :D

• I was wondering about this as I haven't had the dreaded cough everyone talks about (the one that cleans your lungs of gunk after the quit?) I had maybe a couple of days but this was because of a cold.

Anyone else the same?

x

• I had a terrible crackling cough that started if I laughed, if I tried to run, when I went to bed.......anytime really - it reminded me of my aunt, just before she was diagnosed with lung cancer :(

Within a week, I wasn't coughing at night any more, and my husband says I have a pathetic excuse for a cough now :o

I didn't get the "lungs clearing themselves" thing either, at least not yet, I feel as if they are just really glad I'm not polluting them 20 times a day anymore :rolleyes:

• I didn't get the "lungs clearing themselves" thing either

Yes, I missed out on that too.

Is it wrong to be disappointed? :(

When I'm feeling optimistic I think "great they must not have been too bad after all"

When I'm feeling grim I think "Oh God I left it too late - my lungs are so damaged they can't even get rid of the crap I put in them"

Sometimes my brain just needs to take a little break.....:(

• I was wondering about this as I haven't had the dreaded cough everyone talks about (the one that cleans your lungs of gunk after the quit?) I had maybe a couple of days but this was because of a cold.

Anyone else the same?

x

I didnt have the gunk clearing one, but i got rid of the nasty one I did have whilst I was smoking

You may also like...