THE SWEET PROBLEM

Hi everyone.

I have started trying to live a better and healthier life buy eating more sensibly and taking more and more exercise.

I am using fitness pal on my smart phone and also use pacer to take notes on diet and exercise which I find works well and is a real eye opener especially showing me how little protein I have been eating.

Pacer counts all my steps in a day and gives me calorie credits on FitnessPal giving me encouragement to walk etc.

I continually find treats lying around the house and confess to letting slip more than a few times.

Now knowing how hard it is to loose weight I am trying a bit harder.

I now keep fruit and veg out instead of sweets and as long as they are fresh and plenty of choice I go for these.

Bottom line:

Hide your sweets and display your fruits and veg! (You know what I mean)

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I think that is a great phrase to live by i should do that more often lol. I have made small changes like keeping only minimal treats around as i find if i make them forbidden i crack a lot quicker, so i keep a few weight watchers cake bars around so if i have calories left and i fancy something sweet i wont be tempted to but chocolate at the shop next door.

Well done on having so much willpower, keep up the good work

• Sweets are my biggest sin. And right when I started this programme, my partner wanted a chocolate cake. So we made one - the whole thing has about 6000 cal, lol. But to support me, he then chopped it up into small pieces and put in freezer. After weighing it etc., I found that one small piece (about 50g) + a spoon of vanilla ice cream is worth about 300 cal. That's the energy I burn when I go to gym to do the Couch to 5K programme, which (still on the wagon) I do 3 times a week. So every other day, when I had my workout I can have a little pice of cake and it does not spoil the 1400 cal ceiling! I am feeling really happy about this arrangement. (Also, I spend about 10 min on the little cake, enjoying it as much as I can, no gobbling it down anymore.)

Apart from that - I agree, no sweets in the house. They would be eaten very quickly.

• For me it`s don't buy the sweets. I know where I HIDE THEM!

You may also like...