NCT

Need major advice

Hi girls, needing some advice. So I did a pregnancy test a two weeks ago (Thursday 25th Jan) and it came back as 1-2 weeks positive. All happy and excited, partner was excited as well. So last Thursday (1st Feb), woke up with a very strange feeling as if something wasn’t right. Had period type bleeding, so did another test and came back as negative :( spoke to my gp and after a telephone consultation, she worked out that I was actually nearly 5 weeks.

she did say it sounds like a miscarriage so that was it crying at work looked like a right mess for rest of the day. But I did look it up ( I know I shouldn’t), but it did say it can be common and “normal” for that type of bleeding during first stages of pregnancy. I am aware it could possible be a miscarriage. Just wanting your advice on how long it is until we can start trying again?

TIA x

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Heya Hun, I am sorry to hear this, I too had a miscarriage in 2014 and it is a very hard and emotional time.

You can try again whenever you feel ready to do so, I was told to take a pregnancy test 3 weeks after the miscarriage to make sure everything had come away so maybe after then?

I hope all goes well x

1 like

So sorry lovely for your loss, the fact your hpt is negative now is indication you've miscarried. I miscarried at 5 weeks in July last year and it was negative after some spotting not much comes away at 5 weeks. If your tests are negative you can try as and when you feel ready but they do prefer us to go have a period just so the, dating of the pregnancy is, easier although they can get round it and scans are more accurate. Good luck lovely 💗🤗😘

2 likes

You may also like...