2 early pregnancy scans sac is there but no baby?!!

Hi my girlfriend is in early stages of our pregnancy and we had an early pregnancy scan 2 weeks ago and could only see a small sack, we had a second scan this morning and seen that the sack had grown to around 16.5mm with a yolk sack but no baby still and have been told it doesn't look good for us. We now have another scan in 2 weeks to confirm whether she's had a miscarriage as it's under 25mm it can't be confirmed.

Could anyone please give me more info on this as I am more worried than my girlfriend haha could it be that we're still really early or is it more likely we've lost the baby?? Thanks

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Can't speak from experience, when I had my missed miscarriage everything was present besides a heartbeat. How far along is she? Is it possible her dates are wrong,? have read a few stories of this on internet today, few good outcomes but given the fact that you have been told it doesn't look good doesn't sound great. Sorry I can't really be any help just wanted to send you both my thoughts, I hope everything works out for you. Hopefully someone will reply later having gone through this and actually give you info. Best wishes Becca

• A similar thing happened to me. I had an early scan which showed only a yolk scan but they told me that can be normal and the dates could have been wrong (I thought I was about 7/8 weeks and they said 4/5). I went back 10 days later and there was still only a sac so said it wasn't a viable pregnancy. The staff (I went to an early pregnancy unit) were amazing and really helped me to come to terms with it. I hope things work out for you but if they don't there's some amazing help out there (maybe try the miscarriage association for advice) and I quickly learnt that it's a lot more common than you think. On a positive I now have a 13 month old boy and I'm pregnant again (had my 12 week scan and everything is fine) so things can work out. Hope things get sorted for you both.

• Speaking from experience sorry to say but it's a miscarriage

• I was pregnant with twins unfortunately lost 1 at 14 weeks and was told would lose both but managed to carry other twin am now 34 weeks x fingers crossed for you both x even experts can get it wrong sometimes x

• I had this it's called a blighted ovum. It's crap but since I had it I've had another MC but now I've got a 15 month baby. Just be strong for each other x

You may also like...