My MSAA Community
3,440 members6,382 posts

My story

Hello everyone! I have MS along with heart disease, brain tumor, degenerative disc disease, COPD plus a few more things.

I am currently waiting to go on the new medication Ocruvis. I did all my blood work to find out my thyroid is wako!

Started meds for the thyroid and hopeful to start meds in 3 weeks.

I have taken multiple medications that have helped for a while then stop.

I am in SPMS gradually sliding towards PPMS. So we are going to be aggressive to stop further progression.

I have a wonderful Dr that I have been with since 2003. Find a great Dr that specializes in MS. Don't give up. Fight!!

I have MS but MS will not gave me!!

(I Live near Shreveport Louisiana)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

I don't know if you have hypo or hyperthyroidism. I have hypothyroidism. Once they find the right dosage for you, that will be probably your easiest issue. But, oh my, you're facing a lot. I wish you the best. I always wonder how people with multiple issues know what symptoms to blame which disease with.

5 likes

We just have to eliminate. I start with my family Dr. Some symptoms are obvious some are not.

3 likes

@SimHarris I forgot.... Welcome!

4 likes

Welcome.

3 likes

Everyone has been so nice! Thank you!

2 likes

SlmHarris welcome. You sure are being tested, what a great witness of strength and courage you are to us all. I hope and pray the new medication works well for you. Blessings Jimeka 🦋 🌈 🙏

1 like

Thank you so much! Prayers to our good Lord for strength and guidance gets me thru!

Best if luck to you!

2 likes

Hi SlmHarris Welcome to the roller coaster ride.😐 Although sounds like you have been on plenty of them!😨

We have a few that are taking Ocrevus😊 and sharing there experiences with all of us!

I hope you find this room friendly, informative, nuts, but most of all ALWAYS Supportive💕 We are all in this together after all.😊

Jes 🌠

1 like

SlmHarris,

I can hardly take in all the difficulties you deal with! I'm sorry you have such a load, but you're obviously an incredible person. God bless you for your faith and great attitude. Many prayers for successful treatment.

Erin

1 like

Welcome @SimHarris. My, you have a number of serious health issues, but remain so upbeat. I applaud you for your positive attitude. I will pray your thyroid gets regulated quickly and that the Ocrevus works for you. Thank you for the introduction. We're happy to meet you.💕

Keep fighting.

1 like

Welcome SlmHarris. You have a great attitude.

2 likes

Thank you! There are some days I find myself feeling sorry for me. I just pray pray pray!

2 likes

You may also like...