Robin Stalking

Robin Stalking

For many days, this robin has been repetitively flying up to a bedroom window and usually trying to perch there for several seconds. He always follows me as I move around the room, but what is really strange is that when I go downstairs, he comes to a window there. Up, down, up, down for hours sometimes. Amusing or a little creepy? Is there a little Hitchcock theme here?

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'd say he or she has a crush on you. Probably trying to determine if that beautiful tree is a safe place to build a nest. We had a mocking bird wanting to build a nest in our Bougainvilla right by our kitchen window. I kept chasing it away as if would not be safe with our great big kitty would be watching.

• It sounds like you have a friend just kidding my son told me when he had been at the kitchen table he has been a observing a robin at our next door neighbors house flying into their window there is a tree right by the window. So I don't know what to tell you. I didn't know what to say to him it is that time of year they are laying egg. ????

Who knows by your picture there are branches so maybe she's trying to make a nest. Good luck!

ssdw1958

• I suspected he/she sees his/her reflection in the windows, but that's not very romantic. A stalking bird sounds much more "noir."

• Hi Erin, in the uk, when a robin appears to you and is close by, it's considered a blessing from heaven. I have one in my garden that comes within arms length and sings to me. I call it Fred after my dear departed dad. Blessings Jimeka

• jimeka Hubby wants to know, if it's still considered a blessing when it stalks you? greaterexp We have to keep our car mirrors covered in plastic bags because the blue birds keeping thinking their reflections are possible mates and poop all over the mirrors.

• Sounds like what we say about small white butterflies. I just saw one yesterday for the first time this year jimeka. Say hi to Fred for me! I wouldn't doubt at all he/she is a loved one (or at least in love)

I do think greaterexp you are being watched...definitely noir! Love it! One of my favorite style of books/movies.

• I bet there's a good omen to be found somewhere in here greaterexp

Then again, they say this if a bird poops on you too 😅

• Oops...I hadn't read what jimeka said but see, a good omen 😉

• Maybe he's like the bird in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! Or maybe he has MS with a little "cog fog."

• Hee hee-bird with cog fog! Sounds like me-I'm a bird and have cog fog all the time!

Jennie

P.S. I LOVE anything by C.S. Lewis. I started with the Chronicles of Narnia!

• jennie62, I'm a fan of CSL, too. What an amazing and creative mind! I read the whole series to my kids several times, and have read several of his other nonfiction books.

I hope my little bird isn't trying to lead me, however. I can't say I'd follow him into the windows headfirst over and over!

• Ahhh... spring time and the boyz are full of fight... he's protecting his claim on your little spot of Mother Earth... He just thinks his reflection is trying to claim his spot...

• I think that is awesome. What happens if you go outside? Have you tries going out and sitting to see if it come near you?

• He still stays mainly in the same area. I expect a dive bomber incident from him, but he stays mainly in the same two trees.

• Ha ha ha, that is funny! Or creepy! Maybe it thinks you are its mother.

Birds fly into our windows sometimes, mostly in the Spring. They see their reflection (it is usually the males) and think it is a rival bird. They sometimes will just keep attacking for hours (with small breaks in between the attacks) Those little things sure have lots of energy!

• I thought after a few good knocks to the head he'd give up, but he keeps it up all morning and has for days. Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results? Good thing they have remarkable skulls; I'd have quite the headache!

• greaterexp What a wonderful, determined expression you captured on Robin! The wild birds that come and go bring so many pleasures with their songs and flashes of color. I'm with Jimeka. They are a blessing and so soon after Earth Day, imagine a world without them...

You may also like...