4,875 members1,159 posts

itching all over

Hi There

Does anyone know of a reputable doctor/practitioner in Dublin (or elsewhere) who can test for food and chemical sensitivities?

i.e. not necessarily the type of allergy that would put you in hospital, but something more subtle that would make you itch all over (no rash) for several days after exposure.. most likely a cosmetics allergy/sensitivity?

For these types of tests, what type of doctor should I be consulting - immunologist, dermatologist or other?

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Kind Regards,


1 Reply

I don't live in Ireland so am unable to advise on doctor etc. as to the itching if you think it's cosmestic or food, make a diary for two weeks writing down all you eat, drink, what you wash your clothes in and the cosmetics you use, alongside put the itching at 1-5 with 5 being at its worse and 1 at its lowest. After which see if a pattern emerges and continue until you see a professional, hat way you will have done some of the work beforehand and be able to show as well.

1 like

You may also like...