I've been on holiday to Majorca and so that means lots of running ( Obvs). So I thought I'd share some piccys and what I've learnt from running in the heat! Here's the stats:
1. I clocked up 50 miles over 9 days
- usually 5 or 6 miles a day so v manageable
2. I always went before 7 AM otherwise it's too hot
3. I didn't drink any alcohol ( apart from 1 night) and I didn't take water in my run as I found I was hydrated enough from drinking lots pre and post. This is my first holiday of not boozing every night and that felt great
4. I took it slowly and carefully and had breaks if I got dizzy ( some days were so hot there was no air)
5. I am convinced I ran past Robbie Williams out on a run and he smiled and waved!!!!!
6. The sunrises were glorious!
7. It felt so good swimming in our pool when I got back and then eating a mega brekky!!
8. The key is to just go for it however long or short and enjoy it. It's re- invigorated my love of running and keeping it simple.
September will be the month of speed and some long runs....
Happy running guys,