Hivamat 200 portable: Does anyone know if there are any... - LSN

LSN

4,945 members2,291 posts

Hivamat 200 portable

Alohainhi
Alohainhi

Does anyone know if there are any videos showing how to use the Hivamat portable for arm lymphedema self treatment?

6 Replies

Did you purchase it direct from the manufacturer or on recommendation from a therapist? If the latter, get him/her to give a demonstration. You should also have received an instruction booklet. There are a couple of videos on YouTube which might help. When I got mine I just plugged everything in and experimented - using the same sequences I had learned for self-lymphatic drainage.

Alohainhi
Alohainhi in reply to Lynora

Thank you Lenora! I did watch the few videos, but none showed anyone how to use for self care. Most showed a review or a bit on the their hand. Your quick response is very appreciated. I will experiment and find what is the beat treatment for me!

I use the same sequences as for hand SLD starting with clearance at the neck/clavicle. I spend a lot of time making circular motions over the clusters of lymph nodes at the elbows& wrists, and on my hands/fingers as they get a lot of lymphatic congestion. The owners of PhysioPodUK, Julie & Mary are always happy to advise/talk you through how to properly use the devise, and there are videos to which they can send a link. The instruction manual that came with my device many years ago did not give instruction on how to use it for treatment, only how to operate the device. Not sure if the newer instruction manual is any better?

Contact details for PhysioPodUK +44 (0)115 916 7685 enquiries@physiopod.co.uk

Alohainhi
Alohainhi in reply to CCT67

Hello CCT67! Thank your for reaching out. I will follow your suggestions. I am in the US & am not sure if the UK units are exactly the same except that it came with only the operating instruction manual that has now been poorly replicated and is very difficult to read.

CCT67
CCT67 in reply to Alohainhi

Oh I didn’t realise you’re in the US (this is a UK site). The US PhysioPod rep should be able to assist? In my experience PhysioPod is not well known in the US (I’m a dual national and spend 3 months per year there), it’s German technology and is very established as a treatment modality in Europe & UK. If you’d find it helpful we could do a zoom call and I’ll show you how I use mine to do SLD. Just let me know and I’ll PM you my email

Alohainhi
Alohainhi in reply to CCT67

My therapist was from the UK so I follow a lot of UK sites. I find the people in the UK are well informed and willing to openly speak (& assist) about lymphedema! That is why I want to try Deep Oscillation. Unfortunately, my therapist has not used it.