I was wondering what symptoms people get when they accidently ingest gluten? Do you always get the same symptoms, or do they change? Are they similar to the symptoms you had before you were diagnosed? How long do they last?
For me, I get the following symptoms (although not all at once), Usually they will last 2-4 days, getting milder over time.
- Extreme fatigue, but feel unable to sleep
- General feeling of being unwell - I call it the Jelly legs feeling
- Mild Nausea
- A weird "wired" feeling like I've just downed 5 espressos
- A cycle of extreme thirst followed by peeing
- Headaches (occassionally)
The are similar to the feelings that I had before diagnosis, but no where near as severe and thankfully without the racing heart that I used to get.