Log in
Gluten Free Guerrillas
8,770 members3,617 posts

Recommendation for a good NHS gastro at Kings College London?

Hi all

I was misdiagnosed with IBS by a useless gastro at Kings several years ago. It's been a long slog to get my gut issues reviewed and i now have the opportunity for another referral to a gastro at Kings. (Now that i've done the NHS' job for them by getting a private diagnosis of coeliac!)

I will avoid the useless one, but if anyone has had a good experience with any of the gastros there, pls let me know and i will ask for a named referral.

I also have Hashimoto's and Pernicious Anaemia - be good to get some one who understands the interrelation, as not may of them do

2 Replies

Hello Bluedaffodil. We do not encourage naming of individual medics. However we do make good use of the Rate your hospital facility and would suggest you select this option from the toolbar, put in your postcode to search for hospitals in your area to see what ratings they have been given.


In addition you'll probably need to request a good endochrinologist referral to tackle the PA & Hashimotos as many Gastros are not experts in that.

If you've had a bad experience before why not ask for a referral to another hospital? There are lots in London. And as Moderator-Bot recommends our 'rate your hospital' facility is a useful starting point. As is reviewing drfosterhealth.co.uk/ and patientopinion.org.uk/


You may also like...